Use of Your Information
When you apply for finance / credit with Concept Vehicle Leasing, you must provide us with certain personal information for us to establish an account facility with you directly, or through one of our third-party finance providers. If you do not provide it to us, we may not be able to secure a credit facility for you.
To facilitate your requirements, we may share your data with one or more third-party providers of finance, and both we / they may also share your data with licensed Credit and Fraud Prevention agencies.
Your information will be used by us and/or our third-party finance providers, as follows:
- We will check records about you and others held by us / our third-party providers and by Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention agencies, for e.g. to assess your application for credit and verify identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. The Credit Reference Agencies will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They will supply public information (e.g. information held on the electoral register) as well as shared credit and fraud prevention information. The Fraud Prevention Agencies will use your personal information to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify your identity.
- If you advise us of a director, a spouse or a financial associate, we / our third-party providers will link your records together. You must ensure that you have their agreement to disclose their information. Credit Reference Agencies also link your records together. The links will remain on your and their files until such a time as you or they successfully file for a disassociation with the Credit Reference Agencies to break the link.
- If you give us false or inaccurate information or we suspect or identify fraud, we will record this and may also pass on the information to Fraud Prevention Agencies and other organisations involved in crime prevention. Law enforcement agencies may also access and use this information. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance or employment.
- We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by Fraud Prevention Agencies, which may be publicly-available sources.
- Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your permission or, in limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted by relevant data protection and privacy law.
Our Lawful Grounds for using Your Information
When we use your personal information, we may be doing so to comply with our legal obligations or for our legitimate interests; for e.g. to ensure that we provide the most appropriate offers of finance to you, to ensure that our services function correctly, to prevent fraud and money laundering and to ensure that our records are accurate and up to date. You have certain rights where we / our third-party providers use automated decision-making tools to help us decide whether to offer you finance. You can find out more about this and your rights by accessing the privacy notice on our website www.conceptvehicleleasing.co.uk/pages/legal-privacy-policy or by asking the person assisting with your application for a copy.
How to find out more
This is a summary of how your data will be used when you apply for finance from us. If you would like full details about how your information will be used by us, Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies, including details of your rights in relation to your information, or contact details of the Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies, please:
- visit our website at www.conceptvehicleleasing.co.uk/contact or
- write to Concept Vehicle Leasing or
- contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or phone 0800 043 2050